4th Wheel, a social enterprise, focuses on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives, based on inclusive, sustainable and participatory development. The name '4th Wheel' signifies the business sector in addition to three other wheels – the State, NGOs, and international development organisations.
4th Wheel’s mission is to focus on CSR based funding by facilitating effective partnerships amongst development entities through research, advocacy and consultancy. Its vision is to have socially responsible and responsive corporate houses that contribute to sustainable and inclusive development.
The key initiatives if Fourth Wheel are:
- 4th Wheel Social Impact Services (4WSI), which aims at improving the way social programs are conceptualised, implemented, monitored and evaluated, by using technology and improving skills of field personnel. For this, 4th Wheel has developed a service called ‘Pulse’ that enables content sharing and field-level data collection. As an end-to-end project management framework, it is designed to introduce standardised, real-time reporting and data-driven planning, reviews and changes in the development sector. Accounting, transparency and sharing of all data to project stakeholders and beneficiaries since this platform enables sharing and data collection
- PULSE: Technology Aided Social Impact Monitoring: Pulse shall be an aid for CSR Boards to
- Track investments
- Trace project implementation
- Establish quantifiable impact
- Gain direct access to beneficiary testimonials
- Report effectively
- Make informed decisions for resource allocation
- Increase management and field personnel interactions
- 4th Wheel also undertakes Field Staff Training Programs for improving field staff capabilities and skills aimed at:
- Equipping them to appropriately monitor programs and evaluate effectiveness of their work.
- Developing a long-term vision in terms of project sustainability and sustenance.
- Improving their decision making capabilities
- Involving them in planning and strengthening programs.
- Enhancing reporting and research skills
- Improving capacities for project execution and reducing time lags
- Positively influencing their performance and attitudes